Relationships can be a great source of love, support, and stability. They can also be full of conflict, misunderstanding, and dysfunction.
Ideally, we feel loved, supported, and respected in all our relationships with important others. We say exactly what we mean all the time (and so do they), and we always understand each other perfectly -- even when we disagree.
That would be great, wouldn't it?
But reality is a different story. In real life, even with the best of intentions, we misunderstand each other all the time. We speak in anger -- or fail to speak at all. Other times, we're trying so hard to win the argument that we lose sight of the core issue.
Do any of these statements apply to your relationship?
- We keep having the same arguments over and over
- We disagree about some really important things
- We're not as close as we used to be
- Our sex life isn't very satisfying
- There's an emotional distance between us
- Maybe we just don't love each other anymore
- There's just too much negativity in our relationship
The list could go on and on, but if you think one or more of the above statements are true about your relationship most of the time, then professional counseling can help you…
- Resolve conflict
- Reignite passion
- Talk about difficult topics
- Express uncomfortable feelings
- Improve your day-to-day communication
- Make important decisions without fighting
- Strengthen the "friendship" in your relationship
I offer counseling for any two (or more) people who would like to improve their relationship, whether they are romantic partners, family members, or friends. If you’re feeling stuck, overwhelmed, angry, disrespected, or just plain exhausted in any of your relationships, counseling can help.